Vector vs Bitmap ? its two different data formats. Bitmap used as a lifetime picture and Vector is commonly used for something abstract like logos. From my observation, bitmap is using a pixel taken from a digital camera or scanner, but vector is not used pixel it use mathematical description. Mathematical description is based on how it drawed by a person and change it into a picture. Other than that, bitmap usually save in a huge depends on size file but vector created in a small file no matter how size it is.
Resources : 1) https://www.prepressure.com/library/file-formats/bitmap-versus-vector
- Listed the most common formats
- Identify their purpose
.gif = stands for “Graphic Interchange Format”. GIF can store image in small size without downgrade the quality of image.
.jpeg = JPEG image mostly is a lossy compression. JPEG can be setting to enlarge or to decrease the size of the picture but some color would be loss.
.png = stands for “Portable Network Graphic”. PNG is a loseless image same like GIF so it will not be blurred when it goes to JPEG.
.pdf = stands for “ Portable Document Format”. It can be use as multipurpose such as view multiple page and stored a lot of numbers of pages.
Sources : 1. https://www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/tutorial/presentation/table7-1.html
- Discuss the differences between analog data vs digital data.
- Discuss two type of compression techniques; lossy and loselss compression.
1. There is differences between analog data and digital data. One of the differences is signals which is analogue data shows that the signals is repetitive in physical measurements form but digital data signals is yet repetitive but its discrete in time which is digital modulation form.
Resources : 1)https://bmisigcseit.wikispaces.com/The+difference+between+analog+and+digital+data
2. There is two types of compression techniques such as lossy and lossless compression. This two techniques has the same reason of function but it works in a different way. Lossless can be implement by using coding method as the idea to access any transmition or storage in smaller form. Lossy is spatialy domain encoding which is definitely deleting unimporant bits of information to reduce the number of bits to become smaller.
Resources : 1) https://www.irjet.net/archives/V3/i4/IRJET-V3I4123.pdf
Listed the important elements that should be consider in the development of multimedia products.
Elements of Multimedia
1. Text : Sequence of alphabelt and numbers that are readable by a human. Text is also a form of informative message to an audience. This will help audience to understand the content.
2. Image : Image is a potrayal of a visual context within a form of two–dimensional by using a binary code. Image helps audience to understand the exact meaning of any translation visually.
3. Audio : Audio is a sound system that can be recorded and played back in a computer. Audio has it own memory that can connect with the speaker. Audio helps an audience to hear any type of sound or music range and genre.
4. Animation : Animation is a combination of series image that can create a movement. Animation can be produce in any shape such as geometric shape or organic shape.
5. Video : Video is form of technology that can record, processing, transmiting, broadcasting of compilation of visual image into a scene of motion. Video helps to attract an audience to enjoying the scene that is display. An effective video may brings the audience to another set of imagine dimension.
Resource : https://ch3d33n.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ch-1-basic-components-of-multimedia.pdf
1. Media : Media is a “medium” that transfer the information to a people indirectly. Media is can also be define as new life style that able to make people to communicate and interact by without seeing each other. Media consist cinema, television, video, radio, recorded music, advertising, newspaper and magazine, computer games and the internet. Oftenly, most of the media used is “mass” media. Term “mass” media is involving a large numbers of audience rather than some media which is only include a specific audience.
Resource : https://books.google.com.my/books?hl=en&lr=&id=vRgNAAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP2&dq=media+education+David+Buckingham&ots=Ci_Ex97kk-&sig=1jBhy-oNQ4zoHHTlWXjr0kPREUg#v=onepage&q=media%20education%20David%20Buckingham&f=false
2. Multi-media : Multi-media defined as “Multiple-media” which including more than one media. Multi-media is a combination of image, text, sound, video and animation. Other than that, oftenly multi-media were relate to ‘filmic and sound content” by using computer.
Resource : http://www.olinda.com/ArtAndIdeas/lectures/mm/multimedia.htm#Multimedia
3. Multimedia : Multimedia is a various combination of components such as text, sound, image and video. Multimedia is used to deliver an information by using those components to audience. Multimedia oftenly used for an education learning.
Resource : http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/dida/multimedia/productsrev1.shtml
“Why use multimedia in classroom setting in teaching art education”. Please state your opinion or suggestion based on your findings.
“Why use multimedia in classroom setting in teaching art education”. In my point of view, using multimedia in classroom setting helps student to develop faster rather than using traditional method. Various kind of teaching method using multimedia may form a great learning for a classroom learning. Multimedia approach to the students has a great impact towards the understand about art education. Also, multimedia offers the teacher to use a proper tools to create and edit a creative learning exercise which include the elements of text, graphic, sound, video and etc. It develop student imagination and creative thinking skills. Thus, student may experiencing new style of learning that helps them to develop the cognitive process. This way of learning shows that multimedia has it own function in classroom setting in teaching art education.
Resource : http://iite.unesco.org/pics/publications/en/files/3214723.pdf
- Define cyberlearning and provide an example of a classroom application.
- Describe cyberlearning literacy and discuss how it maybe used in the classroom.
- Identify three web 2.0 resources and demonstrate an example of how they might assist learning.
- Explain why social networking issues important for the classroom.
1) Cyberlearning is a digital learning by using network computing system and communication to support learning process. For example using an interactive powerpoint presentation.
Resources : http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/freechoicelab/2013/08/02/diving-into-the-world-of-cyberlearning/
2) Cyberlearning ability is great experience in learning process. By using cyberlearning, student can come to class without going to a campus. Cyberlearning ability in classroom shows a benefit towards the teacher and students. By preparing any media such as video and audio helps the student to understand more rather than traditional method. Teacher also used information in internet as a supporting point on the lesson.
Resources : 1) https://books.google.com.my/books?hl=en&lr=&id=GZGMAQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT130&dq=cyberlearning+literacy+in+classroom&ots=91IYLRdB2e&sig=G4ENZoig43xTKQSrP_ejUGp8l54&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
3) i) Audio and Video editting tools
This tools provide a range communication towards the teacher and student. It allows teacher to communicate clearly with the students. Audio and Video tools provide teacher using an audio editor and video editor for a computer.
It allows a teacher to communicate with student in visually. By updating a question or a statement in web, student may discuss the topic given by a teacher. For example using wordpress as a tools of learning between teacher and student.
iii) Mind Mapping
By creating a creative mind map using web 2.0, it can attract the student in learning. There is a lot of intractive mind mapping tools in web 2.0. Teacher able to draw a simple and fun mind mapping to make student like to gain knowledge.
Resources : http://edjudo.com/web-2-0-teaching-tools-links
4) Social networking can make student engage one with another very quick by virtually without using any cost. It is important because student will developing a communication skills by using social network. Another good impact is student are using educational tools such as blogger to interact with other people. Discussion can be made by replying on the web blog sites with teacher or among friends. For my opinion bad thing is happening alot than good thing. This is because usually social network is the main causes student fail in examination. Alot of time consuming, social network distract the focus of the students towards study and learning process.
Resource : 1) https://campustechnology.com/articles/2012/01/19/pros-and-cons-of-social-media-in-the-classroom.aspx